EASTAR Health System Leadership
As a two hospital, 320-bed full-service health system, we provide a comprehensive range of medical services and high quality care. We are a forward thinking, innovative hospital where trust, teamwork and technology come together to make a positive difference in the health of our community and region. Our Joint Commission accreditation powerfully demonstrates our commitment to meet the highest national standards for quality and safety.
But our most important mission here is to serve you and your family. So we combine the medical and technological resources of a regional center for healthcare with the warm, friendly and personal touch of a caring, compassionate staff.
Bringing health to life through people caring for people.
EASTAR Health System’s team of experts places patients at the center of their own care and compassionately delivers healing, hope and strength to people in Eastern Oklahoma.
EASTAR Health System part of the Capella Healthcare family of hospitals.
2013 Board of Trustees
The system’s Board of Trustees includes community leaders and physicians which provide guidance and strategic leadership for the hospital’s operations.
- Kathy Hewitt, Chairperson
- Darrell Hamby, Vice-Chair
- Anthony Young, Secretary
- Marlon Coleman
- Mike Ebert
- Tim Faltyn, PhD
- Charles Fullenwider, MD
- Darrell Hamby
- David Kyger, MD
- Brad McIntosh, MD
- Kevin Wade, MD
- Dwayne Atwell, MD, Medical Staff President
Associate Trustee Members
- Kenny Greer
- Dean Mathews
- Brad Smythe
- D.J. Thompson
- Tony Young, Chief Executive Officer
- Jay Gregory, MD, Chief Medical Officer
- James (Jim) Davidson, Chief Operating Officer
- Scott Bailey, Chief Financial Officer
- Deborah (Debbie) Kifer, RN, MSN, Chief Nursing Officer
- James (Jim) Wells, Chief Quality Officer
2013 Medical Executive Committee
The system’s Medical Executive Committee provides leadership to the medical staff.
- Dwayne Atwell, MD, President
- Edgar Boyd, MD, Vice-Chair
- Timothy Hoekstra, MD, Secretary/Treasurer
- Y.C. Ong, MD, Past President
- Michael Stratton, DO, Chair, Department of Obstetrics
- Jeremiah Rutherford, MD, Chair, Department of Medicine
- Dennis Rivero, MD, Chair, Department of Surgery
Physician Leadership Group
Every Capella-affiliated hospital has a Physician Leadership Group (PLG) with 6 to 10 members representing a cross-section of its medical staff. The PLG provides input to hospital leadership on all aspects of operations, including strategic development, key initiatives, quality improvement, patient and employee satisfaction, and more.