EASTAR Health System Leadership
As a two hospital, 320-bed full-service health system, we provide a comprehensive range of medical services and high quality care. We are a forward thinking, innovative hospital where trust, teamwork and technology come together to make a positive difference in the health of our community and region. Our Joint Commission accreditation powerfully demonstrates our commitment to meet the highest national standards for quality and safety.
But our most important mission here is to serve you and your family. So we combine the medical and technological resources of a regional center for healthcare with the warm, friendly and personal touch of a caring, compassionate staff.
Bringing health to life through people caring for people.
EASTAR Health System’s team of experts places patients at the center of their own care and compassionately delivers healing, hope and strength to people in Eastern Oklahoma.
EASTAR Health System part of the Capella Healthcare family of hospitals.
2016 Board of Trustees
The system’s Board of Trustees includes community leaders and physicians which provide guidance and strategic leadership for the hospital’s operations.
- Kathy Hewitt, Chairperson
- Darrell Hamby, Vice-Chair
- Anthony R. Young, Secretary
- Edgar Boyd, MD Medical Staff President
- Jay Gregory, MD Chief Medical Officer
- Marlon Coleman
- Mike Ebert
- Tim Faltyn, Ed.D
- Charles Fullenwider, MD
- David Kyger, MD
- Brad McIntosh, MD
- Brad Smythe
- D.J. Thompson
- Kevin Wade, MD
Associate Trustee Members
- Dean Mathews
- John Newby
- Ron Ramming, PhD
- Anthony R. Young, Chief Executive Officer
- Jay Gregory, MD, Chief Medical Officer
- Scott Bailey, Chief Financial Officer
- James (Jim) Wells, Chief Nursing Officer
- Tony Capuano, Chief Operations Officer
- Nathan Lawrence, Chief Quality Officer
- Tracy Cox, Director Physician Recruiting & Bus. Development
- Mike Gilpin, Director Marketing
- Bill Peterson, Director Human Resources
2016 Medical Executive Committee
The system’s Medical Executive Committee provides leadership to the medical staff.
- Edgar Boyd, MD, President
- Jerehiah Rutherford, MD, Vice-Chair
- Evan Cole, DO, Secretary/Treasurer
- Dwayne Atwell, MD, Past President & Chair, Department of Surgery
- Jonathan Baldwin, MD, Chair, Department of Obstetrics
- Wendell Williams, MD, Chair, Department of Medicine.
Physician Leadership Group
Every Capella-affiliated hospital has a Physician Leadership Group (PLG) with 6 to 10 members representing a cross-section of its medical staff. The PLG provides input to hospital leadership on all aspects of operations, including strategic development, key initiatives, quality improvement, patient and employee satisfaction, and more.