EASTAR Health System Leadership
As a two hospital, 320-bed full-service health system, we provide a comprehensive range of medical services and high quality care. We are a forward thinking, innovative hospital where trust, teamwork and technology come together to make a positive difference in the health of our community and region. Our Joint Commission accreditation powerfully demonstrates our commitment to meet the highest national standards for quality and safety.
But our most important mission here is to serve you and your family. So we combine the medical and technological resources of a regional center for healthcare with the warm, friendly and personal touch of a caring, compassionate staff.
EASTAR provides compassionate, comprehensive health and wellness care for the people of Eastern Oklahoma.
EASTAR will be recognized by patients, families and physicians as the destination for quality healthcare in Eastern Oklahoma.
EASTAR Health System part of the Capella Healthcare family of hospitals.
2013 Board of Trustees
The system’s Board of Trustees includes community leaders and physicians which provide guidance and strategic leadership for the hospital’s operations.
- Mike Ebert
- Tim Faltyn, PhD
- Charles Fullenwider, MD
- Darrell Hamby
- Kathy Hewitt, CPA
- TIm Holder, MD
- David Kyger, MD
- Randy Mooney
- Kevin Wade, MD
- Robert Wampler, EASTAR Interim Health System CEO
- Dwayne Atwell, MD, Medical Staff President
- Robert Wampler, CPA, Interim System Chief Executive Officer/ Division President, Capella Healthcare
- Jay Gregory, MD, System Chief Medical Officer
- James (Jim) Davidson, System Chief Operating Officer
- Matthew (Matt) Romero, System Chief Financial Officer
- Deborah (Debbie) Kifer, RN, MSN, System Chief Nursing Officer
2012 Medical Executive Committee:
The system’s Medical Executive Committee provides leadership to the medical staff.
- Dwayne Atwell, MD
- Y. C. Ong, MD
- Guy Grooms, MD
- Raymond Brown, MD
- Jay Gregory, MD
- Dennis Rivero, MD
- David Whatley, MD
A team of respected community leaders and physician leaders who are playing a key role in helping shape the future of healthcare for eastern Oklahoma. This team was instrumental during our transition into a unified health system when the merger between Muskogee Regional Medical Center and Muskogee Community Hospital took place on July 1, 2012.
- James Beebe, MD – Family Practice
- Edgar Boyd, MD – Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Lyle Burris – Retired Judge
- Mike Ebert – WalMart Manager & MRMC Board member
- Timothy Faltyn, PhD – President, Connors State College & MRMC Board member
- Kevin Fowler – CEO, MRMC
- Timothy Holder, MD – Family Practice/Obstetrics
- David Kyger, MD – Internal Medicine
- Brad McIntosh, MD – Family Practice/Obstetrics
- Richard Reutlinger, MD – General/Vascular/Thoracic Surgery
- Russell Roth, MD – Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Kevin Wade, MD – Pediatrics
- Robert Wampler – President, Delta Division, Capella Healthcare
Physician Leadership Group
Every Capella-affiliated hospital has a Physician Leadership Group (PLG) with 6 to 10 members representing a cross-section of its medical staff. The PLG provides input to hospital leadership on all aspects of operations, including strategic development, key initiatives, quality improvement, patient and employee satisfaction, and more.
EASTAR Health System CEO, Kevin Fowler, Discusses Working with Physicians…
Dr. Jay Gregory, of EASTAR Health System, Discusses Physician Leadership Groups…